If you’ve been hit by the Minecraft Not Responding error, make sure you fulfilled all the requirements needed to run the game successfully.
And in this blog post, we’ve got the answers you seek right here!
Lately, we have been asked “why is my Minecraft not working” multiple times from our subscribers. Then we thought to dig deep into the issue and find out all the possible ways that may cause Minecraft to become Not Responsive?
The first and foremost thing we ask all of you to check for the Minecraft Game Requirements, and make sure your system qualifies for all of them. Here are all the requirements we have gathered for you to cross check…
Minecraft System Requirements
|Operating System||Windows: Windows 7 or later
macOS: OS X 10.9 Maverick
Linux: 2014 distribution or later
|Windows: Windows 10
macOS: OS X 10.12 Sierra
Linux: 2014 distribution or later
|CPU||Intel Core i3-3210 / AMD A8-7600 APU or equivalent||Intel Core i5-4690 / AMD A10-7800 or equivalent|
|RAM||4 GB (at least 2 GB free)||8 GB (at least 4 GB free)|
|GPU||Integrated: Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Ivy Bridge) or AMD Radeon R5 series (Kaveri line)
Discrete: Nvidia GeForce 400 Series or AMD Radeon HD 7000 series
|GeForce 700 Series or AMD Radeon Rx 200 Series (excluding integrated chipsets)|
|Open GL||Version 4.4||Version 4.5|
|Storage||At least 1GB (storing game core, maps etc.)||4 GB (SSD will be better)|
|Software||Minecraft 1.6 or newer release||Latest release (1.16.1)|
Important: It is always recommended to install the latest Java Version to run the Minecraft smoothly on your computer.
What causes Minecraft to become Not Responding?
- Outdated Java Version
- Outdated Windows Version
- Minecraft Installation Corrupted
- Old Version of Minecraft Installed
- Use of Mods
- Outdated Video Drivers
- Admin Privileges Missing
Let’s Try out the Fixes to solve Minecraft Not Responding Issue!
1. Installing Java Update
As we all know minecraft is written in Java Programming language, so outdated java version may be one of the reason why you are getting the error, Minecraft not responding.
In this case, all you have to do is to just check the current Java Version on your OS, and if it is outdated, then simply install the newer one.
To install the newer java version, follow these simple steps…
- First check the type of OS you are operating on (32 or 64 bit) by simply right clicking the ‘This PC‘ icon and select Properties.
- Now open ‘System Type‘ and check the configuration of OS here.
- Once you know the configuration of your OS, then simply go to the Java Site and install the latest version.
- After that, run the installer and finish the Java Installation process.
- Open the folder where you have installed Java and copy the file version folder that you see.
- Press Windows + E to launch Windows explorer and navigate to the following path: C:\Program Files\Java (for 32 bit), C:\Program Files (x86)\Java (for 64 bit).
- Paste the Java file version folder that you’ve copied before.
- Finally check if the Minecraft not responding error is solved or still there.
2. Installing Windows Update
Many a times there is an outdated version of Windows installed in your PC which is why you may face Minecraft not loading issue. Make sure you have an updated version of windows installed.
To install and check whether you have any pending updates for your PC or not, Follow these easy steps…
- Press Windows + S, type “updated” in there and press enter to open the application.
- Now click the “Check for Updates” button. This will automatically start to look for any new update and install it in your computer.
Important: Always restart your PC after the updates.
3. Reinstalling Minecraft
8 out of 10 times reinstalling the Minecraft fixes the issue. So we highly recommend you to reinstall the version of Minecraft once again.
…and that’s how you do it.
- Firstly, go to the Application data folder, %AppData%. To find the same, all you have do it is to press Win+R, type %appdata%\.minecraft, then click “OK”.
- After that, drag the .minecraft folder to the trash.
- Restart Your PC.
- Once your system boots up, download the official Minecraft Installer from the Website.
- Don’t forget to restart your PC after the full process.
4. Updating Minecraft Game
If the above solutions won’t help to fix Minecraft won’t work issue, then simply updating the Minecraft version sometimes solve it.
To Update the Minecraft Game, follow these simple steps…
- Firstly, start the Minecraft launcher.
- Click on the Options button and select your username.
- After that, click on on the force update button.
- After the update is done, restart your PC and launch the game once again.
5. Disabling mods
Mods are well known among the Minecraft players to enhance the way you play the game, but the same mods sometimes cause the issue. Try disabling the mods and see if the error is solved or not.
Alternate: You can also move the mods folder from the Minecraft directory to another one. And don’t forget to restart your PC once you have disabled the mods or moved them to another folder.
6. Updating Video drivers
Most of the games require installation of latest Video drivers. If you have an outdated or older version of Video drivers installed in your PC, then you may not able to play the Minecraft game.
To update the Video drivers, there are two ways – either you can go to your manufacturer’s website and download the driver pack, or you can just simply update them manually as we shown below.
- Firstly, Press Windows + R, type “devmgmt.msc” in the dialogue box and press Enter.
- In device manager screen, look for Display adapters and expand the category.
- Right click on the graphics hardware and select Update driver.
- Now there will be a popup which says – either you let your PC automatically search for the Update drivers or you can browse your computer manually.
- After you are done with the installation, restart your PC.
7. Running Minecraft with Administrator account
Many a times there are chances that by just running the game with the administrator account solves the Minecraft not responding issue.
To solve this, follow these easy steps…
- Go to your main executable file of Minecraft.
- Right click on it and select properties options.
- After that, Select Compatibility and set the option Run this program as an administrator.
Did the above fixes help? Is your Minecraft not responding issue still there? If your Minecraft is still not loading, you can reach out to us stating your exact problem at firstname.lastname@example.org. we are always ready to help our audience personally as well.
Also Check out: